Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's Netter's Special Day!

I have been very fortunate to have met some really fantastic people through my blog. Netter is one of them. She has a number of blogs that she maintains. If you have a blog of your own, you know the amount of attention that it requires. Mix that in with every day life and it can get overwhelming fast.
Netter has 5 blogs. She's a very busy woman. If you need a book recommendation, a great recipe, or crafting inspiration, I'm sure you will find what you are looking for in one of her blogs.

Netter was also the winner of my last giveaway. After receiving her package, she sent me an email saying that she will wait to open it until today, which happens to be her birthday. How is that for willpower? Happy Birthday, Netter! If you'd like to see what she received, you can visit her
here. I hope you have a fabulous day, Netter!


Sometimes I make things just to see if I can. Of course, I usually get carried away and end up making way too many of whatever it is.

These are beaded beads that I made late last year and I still have no idea what it is that I'm going to do with them. They are made from faceted beads that were beaded onto fishing line. I left the tails of fishing line on the beads just in case I needed to use it to attach it to something. Whatever that "something" is has yet to be determined. And to make matters worse, I don't even remember how to make them anymore. What would you do with these? Any ideas?

And last but not least, new fabric flowers continue to bloom...


Have a nice day!

Aloha!

6 comments:

sweetiepie said...

Lettie - I checked out Netter's blog and saw the neat gift package you sent her. Very nice!

How big are your beaded beads? Maybe you could make earrings out of them. Or could they be used for your flower centers or to emblish the center of a yo-yo? Could you use them as trim on one of your totes somehow? They look like those gummy candies to me. Joyce in Iowa

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce,
I think Netter's had too good of a time on her birthday. I wish I could celebrate like she did. Did you see that beautiful flower cake? Gorgeous!
The beads measure about 1/2". I like the idea of using it as flower centers. I need to design a flower to go with those beads. Thanks for the great idea.
Have a nice day!
Lettie

annemarie said...

Lettie - I agree - that gift package was fantastic. The purse is adorable and the little angel makes me smile - she is precious. Netter is one lucky birthday gal!

Netter said...

Yes, I was spoiled rotten, I have to admit that. Works for me! lol. Thank you again Lettie, I just loved everything.

As for my 5 blogs...I have not really worked on 3 of them, not for a long time. I do it when I feel inspired and have energy to burn...which hasn't been lately. One of these days I'll start posting again but for the most part, I'll always put something on my Nothin' but Nett site.

The beads are so interesting. I'm trying to figure out how big they are, because they might look lovely as flower centers. I'm curious...so let me know what you come up with. You do such lovely work, I'm sure anything you do will be stunning.

Cathi said...

Ooooh -- those little fabric flowers are marvelous! Love them.

Lorraine said...

I just saw this and was thinking flower centers too. If you thread them onto an elastic cord I bet they would make a pretty stretch bracelet.