Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, sort of...

I am ashamed to say that I have barely put a dent in my holiday preparations. I readily admit to taking my merry ole time getting to the finish line. Maybe because once I get there, it will mean that Christmas will almost be over. I am trying to savor every precious moment of it that I can. The rain continues to fall (a.k.a. Hawaiian snow) and is expected to be here until late next week. The sound of rain is what I associate with the holiday season anyway. I realize that for most of you it is snow, but for me, it is the rain. I really don't mind. In fact, I actually love it because it relaxes me and makes me feel nice and cozy. I've been drinking loads of hot tea, sitting back, and trying to savor the flavors and scents of the season.

I realize that I am probably making your head spin with my choice of Christmas decor. You are probably scratching your head and asking yourself where all of the handmade items are. My trees haven't had a handmade look for quite a few years. I don't know why, but my taste has changed over the last decade or so. Here is a small tree that is in the hall that separates the dining and living rooms. I love glitz and you will surely find it in this tree. I picked up those delicate pink, white, and gold snowflakes at Harrods while were were in London last year. Unfortunately, due to the lack of room in my suitcase, I had to be very careful about the items that I chose to bring back. These were chosen because they were very compact, non-breakable, and easily transported from city to city.


I believe that I have finally found one of the best light-up mirrors for the price for grooming and applying makeup. It is from Zadro and was purchased through Amazon. I have been looking for a mirror for a very long time and have been reading product reviews like crazy. It arrived a couple of days ago and I love it. On one side is a regular mirror(1X),and on the other side is a 10X mirror which gives you insight to every minute imperfection in your skin. You can see every stray hair that you neglected to pull, and it let's you see exactly how horrifying your pores really are. Trust me, that's a good thing! LOL The best thing about it is that there is no distortion on the 10X side like in some other mirrors. The light is fabulous too. The on/off switch works just like a dimmer, and it can easily take you from bright sunlight to evening lighting in a snap.(The light has been turned off for the photo) Anyway, I guess you can see how excited I am about this mirror.

The large chest that you see in the background is a machinist tool chest that I got last year from Lowes. I found out about this chest through one of the makeup boards that I read. Alright, I confess that I am a real girly girl and this chest holds my makeup. Each drawer is felt lined. I am told that collectors of knives and other small valuable pieces also use these kinds of chests. I've opened the drawers so that you could see how spacious it is and how perfect it is for storing makeup. It is also great for storing your jewelry too.


Are any of you into Lush products? I absolutely adore their bath bombs and bubble bars. I pick up several of their products each time I visit the shopping center. They're so hard to resist! You have to practically pull me out of the store because I can stay in there forever. I also like to go to YouTube and watch the videos that are posted of the bath bombs spinning around as it colors and scents the bath water. It's also fun to see all of the glitter and confetti that are emitted from the bath bombs. I know, I know, I need to get a life, don't I??? LOL


Well, I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and are ready to take on the hustle and bustle of the coming week. Be good, because Santa will be here soon. Fabric, makeup, and jewelry is so much better than a lump of coal!

Aloha!

6 comments:

Cathi said...

That make-up case is something else!! What a find!
Your tree looks very pretty -- I like it!

sweetiepie said...

Lettie - I love your little tree. I bet it really sparkles with all those crystals on it.

What a neat chest you found to keep you make-up in. It is beautiful. I can't imagine why someone would want to use it to store dirty old tools....lol.

Have a great holiday.

Lilly said...

What a fun read this post was. Love the tool chest idea. The tree is fabulous. You are just so clever! Holiday blessings to you and yours............

Sandra :) said...

I love love LOVE your little tree - it's so pretty and sparkly and GIRLY!!!! WANT!!! :)

What a beautiful make-up chest, too - much too pretty for machinists tools, lol!!

AverettLadyNana said...

That make-up case is to die for! Bet one would make a good sewing box too. And jewelry box. The list goes on and on..

wannabe crafty said...

OMG !!!! I LOVE LUSH!!! I get several bags full of product everytime i get a chance to get to a store, the closest one to me sadly :( is 350 miles away. so i must rely on mail order (just not the same) I'm due another trip to Atlanta. SOON