Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Addicted!

Here I sit with my cup of coffee (addicted) planning out the course of my day. I have an overwhelming amount of things on my To Do List and it is the reason why I have been so scarce lately. As many of you have speculated after reading my last post, I am hoping to do a show this holiday season IF I can build my inventory to a respectable level.

Here are some of the Quick 'n Easy Flower Hairpins that I have been working on this week. You can find the tutorial here if you'd like to make some for the little girls in your life.


You all don't know this but I have a strong penchant for candles (addicted). I had to force myself to stop purchasing more because I couldn't burn them fast enough.

Part of the reason for not burning candles too often is my fear of causing a fire. About a year ago, I purchased a warmer and that seems to have quelled my fear. I know what you're thinking. She's afraid to burn candles yet she keeps buying them??? (I see you shaking your head in bewilderment.)

As you can see, I still have quite a collection and this is only half of them. I counted 55 votives in this one bin alone.


This week I have started melting the Autumn scented votives in my candle warmer. The delightful scent of cinnamon, pumpkin, and cloves have begun to permeate my craft room and I am happy to declare that I am officially in the mood for Fall. Bring on the cooler weather and I am good to go.


(As soon as the candle has melted down, I remove the wick and sustainer base with a pair of tweezers.)


You already know how much I adore fabric (addicted). I have recently begun collecting paper crafting/scrapbooking/cardmaking supplies with a vengeance (addicted) but that's another story for another day.

I guess you could say that I have an addictive personality. Thank goodness it is mainly for all things crafty or I would be in big trouble.

Have a wonderfully creative week, everyone!

Aloha!

15 comments:

Amy said...

Speaking of addictions....I have often said it's a good thing I don't feel about alcohol the way I feel about food, or I'd be in HUGE trouble. Food, fabric and yarn...now you're talkin'!

;) Amy

Zlaty said...

Your flowers are so pretty! No wonder you are addicted! :)

Unknown said...

Ah the addiction to things crafty. I am addicted to paper, card making stuff, scrapbooking stuff, and so much more. I am a writer, so I am also addicted to pens and notebooks and notepads. It is a sickness. :)
http://waitingontheworldtochangeithinknot.blogspot.com/

Annette said...

I think your addicted to everything!!!..hihi. What a beautifull pin flowers you made. I need to buy some new candles for the fall, I'm out of a fall color candle.. The last two years not have many candles because of the little toddler...hihi

Brenda is SO Blessed said...

i guess my first addiction was sewing-- since my Mother was a professional seamstress I learned that early-- I remember making a small quilt when i was 5-6 andquilting it by hand. Then the yarn/thread crafts--then macreme'--then paper of all sorts. I did paper almost to the exclusion of everything for a few years.
now I am back to fabrics, and i am trying to find a way to use all of the paper stuff i have..sigh. guess i have that addictive personality too,
peace,

Shannon said...

You are such a sweetheart! I love reading your posts.

Cláudia Vargas said...

Parabéns pelo lindo blog! Amei!!! Beijos.

Zsóka said...

Annyira szeretem a te munkáidat. Gyönyörűek. Csak gratulálni tudok.
Zsóka

I love your works. Beautiful. I can only congratulate.
Zsóka

ozgrkdn said...

I love your all works,very beautiful,I visit your blog everytime.very thanks for this beauty.bye

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi! The flowers are lovely - I'm going to try one for my grand daughter.Thank you. I love looking at your old posts - so many beautiful things! And I really, really love the polkadot owl (I'm addicted to owls), and I wondered if you could tell me the shape of the pieces involved. I have a mini one from Taiwan and I don't want to undo it to find out how to make them. I just can't fathom it out myself. Would be very grateful!

Tina said...

What pretty flowers! Today I found your wonderfull blog!
Regards from germany
Tina

Tolentreasures said...

Your flowers are all beautiful and it looks like you have a great start to your inventory. Nothing like a fall smelling candle to get you in the mood for fall. It has set in here!

Wendy said...

I share your candle addiction but also never burn them! Crazy isn't it, but they're SO pretty!

Karen said...

Hi Lettie ~ Your little hexies are SO adorable and colorful. I know however you use them, they should sell! Try to relax as you're preparing for selling....enjoy the process as you go along. I should talk!!!

I have several "addictions" also. Don't all crafters, sewers and quilters?!!!

Candles are wonderful and I still collect them, but not as frequently. I use an electric warmer for mine and enjoy the scent now, especially since I don't have to worry about fires!

Take care!

Karen

sweetiepie said...

Lettie, thank you for sharing your addictions. It really brightens up my day.

Take care.